Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Man, I Didn't Realize how Ugly Everything is...

I have the misfortune of needing contact lenses to correct my vision properly. I hate wearing the damned things, though, so I end up getting a "backup" pair of glasses whih lat time I wound up wearing until they almost literally fell apart. I saw the eye doctor a couple weeks ago at an optometry school and ordered a pair of contact lense. So instead of using my insurance on glases, I went to the open market. I did some research, and discovered that these eyegalss places are a bunch of incompetent boobs. ABC news says that if you order glasses from somewhere, yuo should expect them to work about as well as a Bush adminstration appointee.

I went to For Eyes, however, because they were the cheapest. I asked the manager about the ABC story, and he explained that those result were people going to a place that makes glasses in an hour, and those guys using whatever lenses they happen to have lying around. Actually, I was really impresed wtih For Eyes. They had the same brands as the higher end place, and even as Sam's Club, but they were at least twenty clams cheaper.

Once I got my glases, however, I was pleasantly surprised. Not only do they work. They work much beter than my older glasses, even compared to what I was expecting based on my eye appointment. My vision is loads better. In fact, I suspect the ganev who made my last pair did not know what he was doing.

So, in short. Good eye sight.

3 comments:

Robin said...

What's a ganev?

Carl said...

"Ganev" is how a Chicagoan gentile spells "goniff", Yiddish for "thief".

Mike Chary said...

"Ganev" is how the web spells "goniff" so I assumed I was wrong.